Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Focus of my Blog!

Have you seen the juicy brand new show called “The Spin Crowd” on E!? Or maybe you’re a fan of “The City” and saw Whitney Port’s encounter with Allison Brod (a big pr firm in NYC) on the final episode! Public relations is booming in the entertainment industry from public relations in magazines to reality television shows! Even your favorite celeb has a public relations practitioner selling their image. One thing for sure is PR is here to stay in the entertainment industry.
Are you wondering if these reality PR shows are exactly what they portray themselves to be while not on camera? Are you curious if Kim Kardashian created and produced the show “The Spin Crowd” for her own publicity? Well I am and this is why my blog’s focus will be on public relations in the entertainment industry! I have always loved the entertainment field. As a little kid you could find me interested in the latest on E! News or listening to the hottest new songs on the radio!
Every time I hop into my car and turn the radio on I hear breaking news about another celeb heading to the slammer! How are we supposed to ignore PR entertainment when we can’t get away from it?
This summer I had an internship in the public relations department of a theater in Baltimore City. One of my required projects entailed that I look at the company’s Facebook page and discover the kinds of people who have taken an interest in the company. This is how we decided what kinds of people the public relations department should market towards. The articles we read for our first assignment pointed out that social media has a huge impact on PR.
I will leave you with one final question: what would entertainment even be without PR?

1 comment:

  1. i think pr is definitely what keeps the entertainment industry so interesting!

    ReplyDelete